MAN OF INTERGRITY


          You gave us the will to talk to people about being truthful, you made us laugh our enemies in the face, you made us scream "we have a man of integrity!" yet they gave us a mocking stare and
pointed accusing fingers to your face. We marvelled at why they showed you so much hate despite the glaring fact that you were different! We laughed at them for being bitter, they laughed at us for being a fool. They need not say say it, their looks screamed "YOU ARE A FOOL! THERE'S NO MAN WITH INTEGRITY" we paid no attention because your words have been put through the fire and it came out strong.
Then Dorothy whom you called your cousin kept calling you at odd hours, let's talk to Dorothy, we asked but you said it wasn't necessary, yet! Of course, it wasn't necessary.... Yet! Then we found out you send money to Bro James every weekend, we asked, you said Bro James is a Brother in need and you just feel the need to help! We searched for the enemies again, this time to shout screw you!! But they shouted at us first, screw your brains! We got pissed at them. But reverenced you more. Then one day, a lady appeared at the door,heavily pregnant, she said "my name is Dorothy and this is James" . We were wowed, finally we get to meet the cousin and the needy. Nice meeting you we said. Then she said is the MAN in? We nodded as we ran upstairs to call you, the look on your face when I told you Dorothy and Bro James were around was one I have never seen. Tell them I'm not home you asked us, we looked confused, why would the man of integrity ask us to lie. Then Dorothy walked in "Hello man! I'm almost due, I came to give birth in my baby's house, my brother is around also. We died severally, I saw your lips moving but couldn't make out the words because the voices of the so called enemies kept laughing out loud. We told you!! There's no Man of integrity!! At that point, yes, I know we died. My heart, my soul and my spirit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Shalom Imuezei




Comments

Popular posts from this blog