Dèja vù

"I gave you the time of my day. I Complimented you. I dressed up for you. I told you how much I loved you and missed you when you were not around...


I worked so hard to make it work because I really thought that you were worth it.
I ditched friends for you, made enemies because of you". 

He cowered before me, it was like the ceremonial prey and the predator scene. 
I raised the knife higher! "Sonia please", he cried. I heard nothing, all I wanted was to see his blood, this is 10th or 11th betrayal from a man. I won't walk out anymore as a looser, I swore to kill any man that would do this again, and unfortunately it is Bayo, he tried crawling to the door, I dragged him back with strength I never knew I had. He looked at me with bewildered eyes, "Baby please"!! Beg the devil when you cross over! I drove the Knife repeatedly through his chest till he laid still, I laughed like a possessed soul until I opened my eyes. "Are you okay"? Bayo asked. Staring at me strangely.
 I jumped up from the bed in shock. I took a closer look at him, he returned the gesture, "are you Alright babe? "He asked. I smiled, "yeah" I replied realizing I was dreaming. I hugged him in a hurry, he gave a deep laugh and cleared his throat. 

"Baby I've got something to tell you", my heart skipped, my breath held, i stared at him waiting for him to speak. He took his time and hell Yeah!! I didnt like it. "Sonia" he called, I responded with everything and every form I could, urging him to speak I saw uncertainty and nervousness in his eyes, just like in the dream, my hands became sweaty and every breath I took became difficult, I gave a very nervous laugh as my eyes fell on the knife sitting close to the light stand that same knife, my facial muscle tightened and Bayo seemed to have noticed and asked "Baby are you okay?" I nodded and urged him on, "what is it Bayo?" He took my hands in his and smiled, Just like in the dream, I was already panicked... "Bayo please", the remaining words were swallowed by his kiss, I quickly pushed him away when I remembered same thing happened in the dream. I couldn't control myself I could feel the tears on my cheek, and the sobs I produced that broke in beats as I will myself to talk. The look on Bayo's face was something else, he looked confused and shocked but I refused to fall for it, I know he wants to break up. "Baby, why are you crying?" He asked all confused and worried. "Please, don't do it" I begged admit tears, pleaseeee, I drew the last word as my cries turned to wailing. He held me down trying to pacify me; I refused to be pacified I screamed louder, like one of those traditional mourners at a burial ceremony. "Sonia! Sonia! he kept calling my name, relax! Baby, relax! I am doing nothing to you Okay? Everything I have planned is for our own good and future". 

That was it! I rolled from the Bed wailing and screaming his name, the yoruba nature in me sprang forth and I forgot my all classy and chic personality. "Bayo, MO tiku, ahhh let me just die". I could see his figure standing at the corner of the room, "Sonia"!! He screamed his voice laced with anger. "It is better to end this relationship in peace than to end it in fight", I told myself. 

I rolled to face him and he looked astonished and just like a flash I saw myself wielding the knife at his face, I earased the memory quickly I stared at him with teary eyes and with the little strength I have remaining from all the shouting I asked, 
"Bayo, why do you want to break up with me"? It sounded like a whisper but I was sure he heard me, because his face bore the realization of why I acted that way. 

He squatted close to me, "why should I? or is there any reason why i should?" i shook my head in the negative. "I can't break up with you babe, I love you too much". 
I wasn't buying the act, "just tell me I would understand". He shook his head, "Tell you how much I love you?" He said smiling. I crossed my hands across my chest. My face looking like the devilish me in my dream, I could just tell it was my expression at that moment as Bayo stopped smiling instantly. 

"Marry me!" He said I died severally at that spot. I watched him searched his pocket he brought out a small box and opened it, he looked up at me smiling, tears welled up in my eyes as we started a staring competition, heaven knows I can't say anything. "I have come to the realization that in this journey of life I need a partner and that partner can only be you, do me the honours, will you?" I nodded as the stream of tears flowed down my cheeks. It wasn't totally a Déjà vu experience. 




By Shalom Imuzei.

Comments

  1. For a second there I thought he was going to kill her. #darkminds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh please!
      I kinda already knew what was gonna happen.
      But it was a nice read.

      Delete
  2. It is a great piece. Thought it was going to be a déjà vu for Sonia. Beautiful ending

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You guys for all your comments.
    I appreciate.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog